Shinrin-yoku—a Japanese term meaning “forest bathing”—is the mindful practice of absorbing the calming atmosphere of serene places like the forest. Connecting to nature regularly provides important opportunities to disconnect from technology, relax, and unwind from daily life. The contemplative practice of forest bathing is the inspiration for this transformative essential oil blend.
The Shinrin-Yoku essential oil blend is formulated with CPTG® essential oils rich in terpenes associated with forest bathing. Terpenes are part of a class of important compounds called phytoncides that serve as part of the tree’s natural defense system. The phytoncides found in the Shinrin-Yoku blend include limonene, αα-pinene, and β-pinene, often found in oils known for their comforting, grounding aromas. Diffusing terpenes-rich essential oils promotes a calming atmosphere, ideal for times of slowing down, focusing, and centering. When our environments are in harmony, we can better strive for a more complete sense of well-being.
- Diffuse to create clear and fresh surroundings.
- Breathe in when meditating or journaling.
- Apply to skin with carrier oil for a personal aroma.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
- Contains essential oils rich in terpenes and phytoncides, reminiscent of a walk in nature
- Creates a calming, grounding environment with a refreshing, inspiring aroma
- Contributes to an energizing, rejuvenating experience when combined with the creation of a green space in the home
- Inspired by the wellness practice of forest bathing
*For a complete list of approved claims and benefits, see the Approved Claims List.
Lemon, Patchouli, Magnolia, Siberian Fir, Cypress, Cardamom, Hinoki, Lavandin, Grapefruit, Geranium, Lemon Petitgrain
Floral, citrus, woody